Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

      I saw the Dove commercial for valentine chocolates. The commercial starts off by saying "this year I have more than one valentine." I began to think about all the valentines I have in my life. While this is my 20th consecutive year without a "boyfriend" valentine. Still, I have no lack in love by any means.

- Family: The older I get the more important they are. Nothing makes my day brighter than getting to talk to my family on the phone, via text, or even a simple e-mail. Having a large family makes more love to spread around!


- Friends: I adore every single one! When I shop I end up finding more things for my girlfriends than I do myself. Problem? I don't think so! Just so long as they remember me when the notice that Vera Bradley is having a sale! It's a win, win situation!


- Employers/Coworkers: Not too many people get to leave work in a better mood than when they walk in.  Not that I go into work as Ms. Grumpy Gills, but they just lift my spirits. I have been blessed with many opportunities of employment and many, many good memories from them all.


- Classmates: I have no doubt all of HCC alumni would agree the best part about going to school in Highland is the people! So many faces and names and I consider myself fortunate that I know so many of them!


- Christ: This year God has been opening my eyes and heart to so many new things. I am extremely excited to start a new chapter in my life this Fall (Maybe a future blog post to explain) 


So wether you are in a relationship and unhappy, or single and feeling bummed today. Here are a list of activities I shall be engaging in to celebrate this LOVEly holiday ;)


- Buy myself my favorite candy
- Take a bubble bath... and just be (no busy thoughts of to do's and deadlines)
- Put on my favorite fuzzy "Jamie Secret Garden" Jam Jam's 
- Curl up in my home made reupholstered chair That Blog Here
- And read a new book I bought myself this weekend


Have a splendid day remembering all the love around you <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment