Saturday, October 13, 2012

I'm not waiting...



Hello Pretties,

    This blog post I've been pondering and pondering and I think it's time I blog it! 

I visited my old college this week, which of course had me reminiscing old memories... I started thinking about lessons learned and all the "wish I had known that then" moments! One of the major lessons I had to learn for myself is in the category of relationships. Especially with younger siblings I want to share what God has shown me these last few years. Lesson #1 You can't push timing... You realize God knows who your mate is right now! God's in control and He hasn't overlooked your situation. Sometimes I am tempted to think "God must have forgotten about me while He was up there playing match maker!" This however, is not the case! Lesson #2 Rejection can be God's protection. Rejection can be a very humbling experience. While it doesn't feel good... like at all! It is God's redirection for you. Dating someone else (just for kicks) would just be giving pieces of your heart to someone else's husband. Lesson #3 You can't earn someone's attention. Taking extra time fixing your makeup, hair, or even what you wear, all in hopes of finally getting him to notice. It's a lost effort. I realize now how deceived I have been at times, spending all those hours trying to prove to a guy (And honestly, myself as well) that I am worth it. Worth his time and attention. I must have thought that God was just waiting for me to walk in wearing that new outfit... and THEN He would act out His great plan! Haha how silly does that sound?! I am thankful for my Savior's patience... because it takes a lot to put up with my shenanigans! I mostly write this as an encouragement to all my single lady frands!

"Young women of Jerusalem, swear to me that you will not awaken love or arouse love before its proper time!" -Song of Solomon 8:4


I haven't wore my purity ring in a while... not because I have given it away, or that I don't value that commitment anymore. But more because of the words written on it. "I'll wait" mmm :/  What do those words say about my contentment for God's plan? I don't even know that marriage is His plan for me. (Not that I will be upset if He indeed blesses me with a husband one day)
 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

God's plan is the ultimate... There is no plan B, better option, or goal outside of His plan! I want to rid my mind of this idea that singleness is a waiting spot until I have earned the privilege of marriage. "God just wants me to be single so I can focus on Him, and THEN He'll give me what I really want!" Right?! Wrong! 
"I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that." -1 Corinthians 7:7


In this passage Paul is talking about marriage, and singleness. (If you haven't read the whole passage I encourage you to) When he says "as I am" he is talking about his relationship status. (Which was single) If you notice at the end he refers to your relationship status as a gift! It is a gift to be single! And let me tell ya, the Lord has made me extremely gifted! ;) So yes, I will continue my commitment to sexual purity, but I am no longer "waiting" for something better to come along... Because my God who is King of the world is in control, and with that I can take a big sigh of relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment