Tuesday, October 13, 2009

You Can Make Your Cake & Eat it Too!!!












So I made my first cake in my cake decorating class!! This is the fourth lesson... And guess what?? It is super easy!!


  1. I make a Butter Pecan cake (I cheated and used a cake mix, I think Butter pecan is very autumn-ish!!!) divide the batter into two round pans (mine were 9in)





  2. Then once they are out of the oven and have cooled for a few minutes you want to level them here is a 2min video on how to do that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNix3qZ3qnk





  3. Next you fill the center with icing (like shown in the video)





  4. Then cover your entire cake with icing (doesn't have to be perfect) this is called the crumb coat.. because if you have ever iced a cake you know crumbs get in it and don't look very pretty.. this is why you put the first coat on, then stick it in the refrigerator, and let the icing crust a little.





  5. Now put your final layer of icing (put this one on thicker so it is smooth, and has no crumbs!)





  6. This is the fun part~ To make it perfectly smooth you use a PAPERTOWEL!!! I love this! Here is a quick video to help describe what I am talking about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuIVgDqSW8





  7. To get the flowers I made I put a cookie cutter and then lightly pressed it.. then ice over your design! Sooo Easy!! You can buy decorating bags, tips, and everything Else you need at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.. and both of them put a 40-50% off coupon in the newspaper! Or just buy the "course 1 kit by: Wilson's" (that has all the beginning items you will need!)






Thanks For reading!! Please subscribe... Any questions just comment below!!! Hope I have encouraged you to try out your hand in baking!! Just think how impressed your family will be with you ;)
Hannah <3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1 comment: