Monday, August 31, 2009

Extraodinary Women!!!!


















Last weekend I went with my mom and older sister to a women’s weekend retreat! (http://www.ewomen.net/) It was held in Raytown Missouri at the first Baptist church. The weekend was called “free to be real”! Meaning us as Christians can be real with each other and most importantly we can be real with God! 2 Corinthians 3:13 says… and we are NOT like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. Let me break this down a bit! When Moses would come down from the mountain from spending time with God Almighty (how cool) his face would literally be glowing!!! I am sure he put any bride on her wedding day to shame! If I saw someone who actually had a glowing face, I would be staring, and that is exactly what the Israelites did! So to keep those from watching his glowing face fade away, Moses would wear a veil over his face. Well that’s the same thing we do with Christ sometimes we wear a veil over our faces thinking we really can hide something…(yea right) Well Jesus comes down and uncovers our face and sees you and I mean ALL of you ;) But the really crazy thing is He still loves you, and to top it off He call you beautiful! I don’t know about all of you but sometimes the real me isn’t very pretty ;) God is so amazing!
One other thing I realized was that the Ten Commandments were not created by God to make you feel guilty about breaking EVERYONE OF THEM!!! But to give you hope because you realized you can’t do this on your own! I have heard a friend say that, “why would I have Christ when I know I am just going to mess up again”… well you usually don’t want something you don’t need. Why would we want to put our faith in God if we were fine on our own?? Sure we mess up but Jesus is right there to pick you up and dust you off and say go ahead try again ;)
Well thanks for reading my blog! Here are some pictures from the Conference! (Top to bottom)
My mom and sister on our fun road trip!! Matthew West and Me (here is his music video Highly Recommended)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_rmCeAzqKc and last but not least my sister Sarah and me with DJ Tanner from ABC’s Full House!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcfSRfNn-l8 (here is a video of her testimony “shorter version”)

2 comments: